Saturday, June 02, 2007

cycling hagg (refering to the lake, of course, not me:)

this morning was simply beautiful! i awoke bright and early (much too early for a saturday morning, but beautiful nonetheless) to yellow sunlight pouring through our window and a bird flying by. we couldn't ask for a more perfect day for a bike ride around hagg lake.

my good friend rachael picked me up at 6:30 and, with bikes already loaded, we made the drive out to scoggins valley. after getting all geared up, we started the ride toward the lake. it was a little chilly at first, but we quickly warmed up as we hit the first, and most challenging, of many hills. as we crested the top of the hill we could look out over the crystal, blue lake. we stopped for a moment to enjoy the view and to take off one of our layers. i wished i had my camera to snap a few shots of what we were looking at.

hagg lake is the perfect place for an early morning ride! the road is lined with evergreen trees and every so often you can glimpse the glass lake through breaks in the trees. there weren't too many cars on the road that early so it was so peaceful and refreshing. it was truly the perfect beginning to my weekend! I wish every morning could start this way!

it is experiences like this that make me so grateful that i discovered the wonderful sport of triathlon! july 7th, hagg lake triathlon! yipee!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Were you intentionally trying to make me jealous or was that just an added benefit?! :) Sounds fabulous!