well, since yesterday was sunday, a day of rest, that is what i did all afternoon. i laid down for a nap at 2:15 and the next thing i knew it is 6:15. WOW! did that feel awesome!! so, now i am too rested to sleep. i have a hard time getting to sleep on days when i get the luxury of a nap. but i'm not complaining (talk to me tomorrow and i may feel differently when i am trying to pack up the rv and make sure the house is in perfect order. i may be tired then!)
what better thing to do than blog when i can't sleep at night! so, this may be a rambling blog, but my brain is fried from all the work we have been doing.
i was thinking today, during my waking hours, how much Heavenly Father has blessed us this week. the week has been crazy and hectic, no doubt, but there have been many little things that i know have been because He is watching over us. here are just some of the little blessings that i have noticed this past week:
- kawena has been an excellent napper. she usually is a great napper,but she has been taking exceptionally long naps this week which frees up my time to do more
- the girls have gotten along really well and have been able to entertain each other throughout the day. they have required less referring and supervision than normal
- our neighbor, elizabeth has invited nani and lala over to play several times for several hours at a time (boy, how i'll miss having you down the street!)
- we got the last available storage unit in the size we wanted at the location we wanted
- the weather has been beautiful for being outdoors
- we've been able to do a lot more than i thought possible on very little sleep
- sarah smith invited us over to their home for a "have a great time on your sabbatical" bbq, which meant i didn't have to make dinner that night
- the house is looking great
- the girls have been extremely understanding and patient with us as we have spent most of every day busy doing our things and not playing as much with them as we should
- we called a landscaper on friday to see if they could landscape a small section of our driveway and amzingly they were able to come by on saturday to get started
- we had a broken window that needed to be fixed and they said it would not be done until monday, but it was finished on friday
- we killed another mole in the trap, that makes two total. the little buggers
last sunday, in preparation for the week mitch and i made individual lists of what needed to be done before we could list our home and before we could leave on our trip. those lists have not been far from our grasp all week! well, today as we reviewed what was left to do mitch asked me, "do you think we should frame these lists as a reminder that we should always keep our house seller ready? that way we don't have to go through this again next time!" well, we won't be framing them, but we will definately keep them as a reminder of the things to do on a regualr basis and we will refer to them often! i wish our house had looked this good all along! i used to make fun of people when they would fix their houses up all nice right before they sold it. i always wondered why they didn't do all the fixing up at the beginning so that they could enjoy it more! well, now i joke with mitch because we became one of those people i made fun of!
kawena has begun to pull herself up on things this week. mitch had to move her crib mattress down for the first time on tuesday because she was starting to pull herself up everytime we came in to get her out. here are some pictures i took tonight of her fine tuning her newfound talent:
okay, well i am going to try and get some sleep now. i am beginning to feel a little sleepy.