Monday, July 02, 2007

pretty singing voice

mitch told me a funny story about lala the other day that i wanted to put down in writing. i tell you, that girl is a hoot to have around, but she can also be a challenge. (the hoot, definately, makes it worth the challenge, though!)

it was mitch's turn to tuck the girls into bed and they asked him to sing songs for them. lala told him that she wanted him to sing "lullaby" (that is what we call "mary's lullaby" from the children's hymnbook). then she thought for a moment and said, "but you have to have a pretty voice to sing it daddy, and you don't have a pretty voice! so, you can't sing it!" so, he didn't sing it because she wouldn't let him!

5 comments:

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

Love it! Out of the mouth of babes?! My kids will say that to me, too!

Mandy said...

One day Mikaila will say that to me, but until then I sing my heart out!

Darilyn said...

hahahahha! I laughed out loud at that one. Thanks for sharing.

Bridget said...

EVERY time I sing, with the exception of bedtime, Ethan will very politely ask me to 'please stop it.' He also cries when I straighten my hair because he says it doesn't look good at all.

mahina said...

b - i thought you were on vacation! what are you doing bloggin'? how was the 1st leg of your road trip? you are brave, three kids and no husband!