Thursday, November 15, 2007

seattle nightscapes

so, while we were in seattle i took the opportunity to play around some more with the settings on my camera to create different types of pictures. the night we went to the "crap it", i was able to set up the tripod and take some nightscape photos. becasue it was so dark i set the shutter speed to super slow, with a large aperature. i couldn't believe how long the shutter was staying open. anyway, here are two of my favorite seattle nightscape pictures. i love how the lights make the sky sort of an orangy, yellow color. pretty cool! it was such a beautiful night!

6 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Oooh, these pictures are so great! I agree, I love how the sky looks orange. It almost looks misty. How beautiful.

Bridget said...

Those are fantastic. How fun! Those colors are beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Those are beautiful! You should be a professional photographer! ; )

Rachel said...

Wow! You're getting very tricky!

Becca said...

I need to take some photograghy lessons. I don't know how to do anything fancy with my camera. Those pictures are really neat.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Beautiful! I wish I could have taken a picture of you and Lala cuddled on the couch today. It was so cute!