Thursday, August 19, 2010

does this bring back memories?!

kawenacurlers

it does for me! how many of you slept in these foam rollers when you were a little girl? i know i did, but all of mine were pink and the same size.

 

i mentioned the rollers to the girls a couple of weeks ago and ever since then kale’a has been asking me, “did you get the curlers yet?” kale’a was the most excited about trying out the curlers because almost every sunday when i ask her how she wants her hair fixed for church she asks, “can you curl it?” the answer is always no because we are usually rushing to get out the door at that point so we’re not late for church. having to fix 4 little girls hair doesn’t help us get to church early!

 

i finally remembered to get the rollers the last time i was at the store. the girls and i decided to let kawena be the guinea pig since we were not sure how it would turn out and she’s not in school, yet. so, last night after her bath we went to work on her hair.

kawenasmile

 

here she is all ready for bed. seeing the baby like this makes me want to reach into the picture and push her hair out of her face! drives me crazy!

kawenamahea

i asked her if she thought she could sleep with the curlers in her hair and she said, “let me see.” she climbed into her bed, laid down and said, “oh these are so comfortable!” she didn’t complain once. i think she was just so excited about the whole thing to complain!

 

this morning she was pretty excited when she woke up.

goodmorningkawena

can’t you tell?? look at that face! isn’t she a gem?! she was a little bit upset when she woke up because i was outside waiting for the two oldest to get picked up for school. kawena didn’t know where i was so she was sad. she refused to smile for the camera! i still think it’s pretty cute!

 

after breakfast we excitedly took the curlers out, not really sure what we would see.

kawena1

these first ones made me a little nervous! way tighter than i had expected.

 

kawena2

wow! not the wave that i was picturing in my mind! i’ll have to try the wider curlers the next time!

 

kawenacurlyback

she was watching in a little hand mirror as i took the curlers out and she was giggling.

 

here she is getting her first glimpse of her whole head of curls once they are all out:

kawena3

i think she is pleased with the way it looks! it’s a bit crazy in this picture. any time i tried to brush my fingers through it to somewhat style it she would pull away and say, “mom, stop! you’re going to ruin my curls!” honey, i don’t think they could get ruined, a little relaxing would do them some good!!

 

kawenacurlyfront

i think she is one happy customer! i think she looks adorable! and it seems to be mellowing slowly as the day goes on!

 

oh, and guess what movie she is going to watch today?

 

ANNIE, of course! she said, “i want to watch annie because i have curly hair just like hers, except not red!”

 

i think you are right on, chica!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I was giggling too as you took the curlers out. Wow!
I especially love how much she loves her curly hair.

Rachel said...

Okay, I've got a product for you to try for me. They are called curlformers, and I keep hearing RAVE reviews about how they are more comfortable, and produce more natural looking curls. . . here's the website. . . I think you can get them at Joann's. www.curlformers.com

PS - she is a DOLL!!!

Rachel said...

Okay, I've got a product for you to try for me. They are called curlformers, and I keep hearing RAVE reviews about how they are more comfortable, and produce more natural looking curls. . . here's the website. . . I think you can get them at Joann's. www.curlformers.com

PS - she is a DOLL!!!

Amanda D said...

So cute!
And those curls are WAY tighter than I would have expected too.

tutu lady said...

I love these pictures! Sooooo cute! even sad one.