Thursday, July 09, 2009

“lemolade 4 sale…”

 

anyone thirsty on this hot summer day? well, i have just the cure for your dry, parched mouth……

lemonadeforsale

i happen to know 5 very cute, entreprenurial girls selling lemonade (“lemolade” if your name is kawena) right on our street.

 

in fact, they set up “shop” right in front of our house….

lemonadesellers

don’t they look excited and eager to sell you their sweet, delicious, thirst-quenching lemolade??

 

how could you pass up these sweet faces?

 

as they were setting up, their first customers arrived before the girls were even ready. you should have seen how quick they were to provide their product with a smile and a “have a great day!” that first customer blew a lot of wind in their “sales” and they were ready and determined to make a fortune!

 

the heat of the day didn’t even deflate their spirits! it was nothing a piece of ice couldn’t cool…

hotlala 

at the end of the 2 hour work day, they did pretty well! $10 was the take home (divided by 5) and the girls couldn’t have been more thrilled! i was so grateful for wonderful, generous people, for example….

  • the girl who had a handful of quarters (at least 10 or more) and said, “this is all i have.” and handed them all to the girls
  • the lady who said, “now, how many of you are there? one, two, three, four, five.” and handed over a quarter for each girl
  • the numerous people who gave a dollar for a cup

what made me even happier was the example of these people that taught my daughter to be generous, too.

 

just now, a neighbor was just out walking her dog and had no money. so, kale’a came to me and whispered in my ear, “can we just give her a cup for free?” of course, i said that was a wonderful idea. after the lady left with her dog kale’a said, “mom, i want to have my own lemonade stand where the lemonade is all free. that way more people will stop to get some.”

 

thanks all you generous lemonade buyers for teaching my daughter to be generous!

 

as i type this, my three are at it again selling more lemonade.  so, if you are in the area, stop by for service with a smile and the most refreshing cup of lemolade you have ever tasted!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute. I love the sign!

Melissa-Mc said...

Very cute. Last year Braden asked if he could have a lemonade stand. I said yes, and gave no supervision. A few hours later I went to check on him, and he had priced each drink at $2.00 a cup! I was a little embarrassed, but there were a few nice neighbors that took pity on him and paid up :)

Rich Vial said...

That one pulled a tear! Alas, it seems your transition from Oregon has matured. Best, rich

calibosmom said...

I love lemonade stands! It makes me smile when I see my kids out there selling away and having fun-thats what summer is all about! Looks like your girls had lots of smiles and sales!

Scott-n-Allison said...

Lia has done a couple this summer...I'm always surprised at how much business she does! She's not so good at sharing her profits with her helpers, however.

Today we're off to my sister's garage sale to do a snow cone stand. We've set some guidelines ahead of time as to how the money will be divided afterward. It should help! :)

Now if we could just have your hot weather to go along with our stand...

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Ohhh, I would have totally bought a bunch of lemonade from those adorable girls!

We just got your phone message...we were out of town for the 4th and just got back tonight. I agree with Nani; the Fourth of July is just not the same without the Masons! :-)

We love and miss you!

jessica said...

My girls did a bike washing stand last year with the neighbor kids. They didn't have any takers so they just worked on their bikes until they sparkled...

Your girls are so cute! I would have bought from them for sure!

Grace said...

such good memories of my kids doing the exact same thing! What is summer without lemonade stands? Sounds like your girls made out pretty well. That is great!

tutu lady said...

What a sweet scene. Wish I were there. Love to all my lil' mo'opunas.

Darilyn said...

The lemonade stands on our street have been a disappointment. Not too many people. I'm glad your girls had more success.