we have instituted this philosophy many times in our family:
- potty treats: anywhere from stickers to jelly beans, for our kids the sugary treats were always more successful!
- marble jars for good behavior: once it's been filled the girls could pick a fun family outing.
- staying dry every night for one week: nani got a trip to chuck e. cheese when she accomplished this one!
- chore charts: they have their weekly chores and will get paid if they do any extra chores.
- bedtime story: if they are ready for bed before bedtime they get a bedtime story.
- cuddle time: if lala is ready for preschool before bridget picks her up we cuddle on the couch until she arrives! we've been cuddling a lot lately!
as you can see, most of our rewards are for the girls and not so much for mitch and myself. every once in awhile we do give each other a little motivation for working out. in fact, a few years ago i earned enough money, from workout rewards, to buy my triathlon bike, which cost a pretty penny!
well, i am back in the money making business of exercise!! i started the tickers exactly 1 week ago and i haven't been this good for a very long time! 16 miles so far! it's working!
but talking with mitch this weekend about exercising, he offered me a little MORE motivation, in the form of $$! i have very little monetary income as a stay at home mom, especially since my postum business ended for a lack of postum (sad face). so, money talks!
this is how it works: for every week that i exercise 4 days i can reward myself with $10, this was my idea. however, mitch took it one step further. mitch l.o.v.e.s to lift weights. he also l.o.v.e.s when i lift weights! so, he added the extra motivation for weightlifting. if i lift weights at least 2 days each week my reward goes up to $20!
yipee! i have an expensive hobby that i need money to support! i feel success coming on!