Monday, July 12, 2010

i miss her

my little sister is amazing! i love her to bits and pieces! and i don’t know what i will do without her in the states! how will i survive without talking to her on the phone? i can’t just pick up my cell phone and speed dial #5 anymore when i need to talk to her and hear her ever familiar voice!

 

you see, as i mentioned in my last post, she moved to fiji last week! FIJI! as in the middle of the ocean, as in she doesn’t have a cell phone, as in i’m not going to see her in forever (at least that is what it will feel like!)!

 

i know, right! what a great adventure, FOR THEM! what a great opportunity, FOR THEM! how fun to live in fiji, FOR THEM! right??! but what about ME??! i know, selfish, right?? but, hey, she’s my only sister!

 

no, really, i am super excited for her and stuart,  but not so much for me! i’m going to miss her! who am i kidding, i ALREADY miss her!

IMG_8379

i loved seeing her while we were in california! it was a short and quick 6 days, but i’m glad that i had that many days with her before they left!

 

i opened this post stating that malia is amazing, do you know why she is amazing?  back in april we flew her out so that mitch and i could go to washington d.c. on a second 10th anniversary trip. and my little sister, who has no kids of her own, became a “single mom” to our 4 girls for 9 days!! now that is what i call BRAVE! not many people would have said yes to that, but she did! she cooked for them, she chauffeured them around to their various activities, she tucked them in bed, she changed diapers, and she bathed them! it was no easy task!! but she survived it! she is amazing!

 

of course, many of you know that she is a talented photographer and while she was here she even took some great candid shots of our girls:

      2010Apr03_0051          2010Apr03_0074

      2010Apr03_0118          2010Apr03_0122

2010Apr03_0110these were taken at the park.  i just love the last one of mahea in the swing, love the lighting!

 

 

      2010Apr09_0002           2010Apr09_0013

      2010Apr09_0022          2010Apr09_0024

while we were gone she let them run and play in the sprinklers out back. as you can see they enjoyed having their auntie around! mitch and i sure appreciated her being there too while we were so far away!

 

i know malia and stuart are going to have the time of their life over in fiji, i just wish it didn’t have to be so stinkin’ far away!

 

IMG_8377

 

malia, your big sis misses you! i guess i’ll just have to figure out how to adjust to not being able to call you any ole’ time! have so much fun!

 

10 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm so happy to see you've started blogging again!!! It's been ions! I have been neglecting my blog and reading other blogs lately too. Life just gets crazy busy I guess. You and your sister look so much alike! I'm sorry she is so far away, but FIJI...now that is just pretty awesome!!!

Allison said...

We'll miss Stu and Malia too. We need her to start blogging again!

jessica said...

YAY!!! YOU ARE BACK!!!!! I have missed you girl!

I have only one sister and thankfully she lives 15 minutes from me. I don't know what I would do if she moved...my heart is sad for you and your sister.

Erika said...

Too cute!
I know exactly how you feel- -my sister is in Germany on her mission right now :-(
I love those pictures!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to here from you. My mom was just out visiting last week and she had asked if I had heard how you were doing--and I--who has no room to talk had seen anything on your blog in awhile.

I know how it feels to have such an amazing sister. Lacey took 2 weeks off work to help us move across the country--and while I looked at houses and took care of things--she became my nanny.

But, what a fun adventure for your sister. I think that you and Mitch need to go to Fiji--now that you will have someone to visit there. Can she skype in Fiji?

ashley said...

welcome back blogger!

i am so excited for them! and just a tad- or a whole lot- jealous they get to have such a fun adventure!

and, your guys family is beautiful by the way ;)

Malia said...

I love you! Miss you too!!! Gotta go... internet time almost up...

tutu lady said...

Two nice posts! This is great! I hope you continue.
I especially like the pictures. It's so quiet around here now, and quite tidy, by comparison. But, we'll see you in less than a month. And I'll be super busy til then and the time will fly! Stay rested, Aloha

Dustin and Camila said...

Your kids are so cute! And of course you have a singular knack for taking their pictures. I'm glad to see you blogging again, I missed keeping up to date on you. Are the Mason's going to be making any guest appearances in OR??

Dustin and Camila said...

Your kids are so cute! And of course you have a singular knack for taking their pictures. I'm glad to see you blogging again, I missed keeping up to date on you. Are the Mason's going to be making any guest appearances in OR??