Friday, September 05, 2008

it's enough to make a mother's heart melt

i have been feeding, changing diapers, feeding, bathing, changing diapers, playing with, protecting, loving, cuddling, changing diapers, tickling, feeding, reading to, rocking to sleep, teaching, changing diapers, playing peek-a-boo with, washing, feeding, clothing, imagination playing with, changing diapers, holding hands with, carrying, pushing in a stroller, singing to, and cherishing kawena now for almost 2 years. while i have loved just about every minute, there is one single moment in the life of each of our children that i always wait for that makes everything so very worth it.

 

 kawena at window

that moment came tonight. kawena climbed up the stairs and looking down at me said, "bye bye!" i waved to her and said goodbye back to her and told her that i loved her, and it was in that moment that it happened. as her cute little hand waved at me she said, "i yove you!" and smiled!

 

and that is when my heart melted! that first "i yove you!" does it to me every time!

 

 * thanks to malia for capturing this precious picture of kawena while mitch and i were in albuquerque

23 comments:

ashley said...

so sweet.


looks like you guys had just a little bit of fun when you got back...makes me miss skiing and wakeboarding! sure you want to move from all that fun stuff??

Melissa-Mc said...

Those are what I call "paycheck moments" for a mother.

Siouxsie said...

That is one gorgeous little sparkle of sunshine!

shauna said...

Finally and "I love you" for all of those diapers you changed.

I don't think there is anything more beautiful than my child's voice saying those three words.

What a precious moment for you. I hope you hear it many, many more times!

Amanda D said...

That is so sweet! It is those three words that keep me going.

That picture is incredible. She is so beautfiul ~ like her mom!

Merilee said...

aawwww. That gave me chills. Kawena is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

It's always amazing how a simple thing like that can just make your day awesome.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I love that picture, and I think you are an awesome mom. Your kids are so lucky!

Malia said...

Aww she is too cute! And I can totally picture the climbing up the stairs turning waving bye bye and "I Love You" with that adorable little smile!

ps your girls are so cute that it was easy to get some really good photos...

Michal said...

those are my favorite moments, too, whether they are from one of my kids who says it frequently or from one who says it occasionally. there is nothing like a spontaneous, sincere "i love you."

Bridget said...

Oh, yes. That is such a big milestone. Congrats! Kawena's tiny little mouth is adorable.

tutu lady said...

What a sweet post! It reminds me of similar times with you and your sibs. ( Malia, I love your picture of Kawena.) Enjoy every minute you have left with those 3 cuties of yours. (refer to the Jarvies latest post.) Love you all.

kelly said...

that photo is priceless!

Scott-n-Allison said...

She's got great "v"s! Sim still says "I wuff you"...but I'll take it!

Darilyn said...

What a great moment. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Sarah said...

i agree. How precious. It always melts my heart too!

jessica said...

aww...my heart is melting...and that picture is so perfect!

Melissa said...

that picture is just fantastic, seriously. This will be one that you will treasure as she grows up. She is just beautiful!

Katie Smith said...

Isn't that just the best?! Jack has just started saying it back too and his sweet little voice saying those words kills me.

Chelle said...

I love the picture with this, very cute and all so true.

Tonya said...

Now that just melts my heart. So sweet!

Dustin and Camila said...

She is UNDENIABLY adorable. But 20 comments?? C'mon. I mean, 20 comments?? Uhg, I'm jealous. I'm going to go blog about, buying jeans or something..

Melissa said...

Hey Mahina - it's Melissa (sorry about blog stalking you). You have beautiful pictures! I may need a little advice on buying a camera.