Tuesday, August 05, 2008

when in rome...

eat like the romans do! when i say this, i am referring to the romans of ancient times. you know way back when they would recline while they ate.

 

well, apparently our youngest daughter has taken to eating like the romans did. all reclined, like, in her chair with her arms behind her head while her servant, namely me, feeds her.

 when in rome1

 

up until the other day, she has been very insistent on feeding herself. but saturday morning, in the middle of her bowl of hot cereal she stopped feeding herself and assumed this position:

when in rome2

 

mitch and i thought it was the funniest thing. every time she wanted a bite she would open up her mouth like a little baby bird and look in my direction until i filled her mouth with a delicious scoop of oatmeal:

when in rome3

 

man, that's the life, ain it? life's rough when your almost 22 months old!

14 comments:

jessica said...

So funny! I think I'm going to try that position myself and see who will feed me!

Stephanie said...

I think I say this all the time, but she is SO cute. Like, win a contest, cute. I love those pictures.

Sarah said...

Kids are so funny. When Riley was first started eating finger food, and for some time after, he was insistant that we wipe his hands off between each bite. He always had to be clean.

ashley said...

do these kids even realize how lucky they are? seriously, i am so glad there are blogs to document things like this!

Chelle said...

It's so funny when they get something in their mind like that and completely change their habits. She's so dang cute!

Darilyn said...

She is adorable!

Sara said...

Love it!! Okay, I read your last blog...wow! It's finally going to happen! I think you'll be pretty close to us...I looked it up...only 5.5 hours!! Hey, you know you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS welcome if you want to get away and come to the mountains (and visit with us). We'd love to see you. :)

Malia said...

too cute! where did she even pick up that stance... the hands behind her head, reclining mouth wide open! so funny! can't wait to play... and feed kawena!

tutu lady said...

Awwwh, and I missed it! Lucky, Malia and Kawika. It looks nice and sunny there. Are you enjoying summer? I hope so. It's extreamly hot and muggy here today. but I hear the surfs up! Aloha,

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oh, poor baby. Life is rough! :-) That is so funny that she changed so fast! Maybe now she'll switch her food preferences to veggies! :-)

Rich Vial said...

I certainly would not worry about that child's future ability to get what she needs in life!

Gotta love those girls of yours!

Bridget said...

That is great! I wish someone would feed me.

Lauren in GA said...

She looks so cute :)

I agree, life is grand when you are 22 months old :)

Melissa-Mc said...

Now you need to fan her with palm fronds and feed her grapes :)