Thursday, January 10, 2008

a new year, a new me!

remember this post? you guys were awesome giving me your thoughts and input. if we had been taking a vote the results were almost split down the middle, but in the end it weighed heavier for bangs.

after thinking long and hard, i decided to give mitch an early christmas present and i made an appointment with kara to give my husband the bangs he wanted.

at first i was very excited about my little secret and the surprise i had planned for mitch. but as the day neared, i was having second thoughts:

  • did i really want all of the added hassle of bangs?
  • was i sure i looked okay with bangs?
  • what if i hated them?
  • how long would it take me to grow them out again if they were horrid?
  • having no bangs was so easy!

but i stayed my course and did it! here are the before shots:


this was the last picture before i headed off to kara's. snip snip!



and here's the new me!

but, since i was changing my hair, why not do a little more than just snip some off the front?! i was feeling a little crazy, so i decided to do something that i have never done before....

i added a splash of color! i had no idea how it would turn out because my hair is so stinkin' dark, close to black, but i thought, "hey, why not!" i was going for golden highlights. mitch voted red, but i was not wantin' red. however, with a red-headed mom i think it was inevitable that whatever color we put in my hair it would end up red. sure enough:


here i am "au natural" (please ignore my non-make-uped face and look at the hair!). notice, it turned red!! arrgh! i am still trying to decide if i like the red or not. as soon as i got home i told mitch, with disappointment in my voice, that it was more red than golden. his response, "alright!! i like it!" with a huge grin on his face!


despite all of my misgivings, i absolutely love my bangs! the color, well, i could go for somthing different. but, there's always next time! right?

the bangs are a lot different than my last stint with bangs and that is why i like them better! this time we cut them thicker and layered them. the best part they are super easy to fix! no hassle! that was my biggest reason for not wanting them! they even look decent after sleeping on them, and i wore a hat the other day and they looked good even after taking the hat off! wow!

but that isn't even the best part! what's the best part? the best part is the subtle grin mitch has on his face every time he looks at me! the best part is the numerous times mitch tells me, daily, how beautiful i am and how much he loves my hair! the best part is that this was a gift for mitch and he absolutely loves it! that's the best part!

12 comments:

Merilee said...

You look gorgeous. I love the bangs and the color. Now I can't wait to see you in real life to check out the new do.

Mandy said...

Okay I have to say I really do love the bangs. I was against them before but you look really good with them. And of course Mikael would tell you to do whatever Mitch wants because thats what he would want me to do. Also I LOVE the red but of course I DO!(Mikaila has those same poka-dot pjs too cute!)

Darilyn said...

Mahina, you look amazing with your bangs and color. I just found out about the color last night at Karas! She said that you are game for a MAC counter adventure. Is that right? I got home last night and checked my calendar and I have a date. Kara and I will drag you there and teach you everything we know. Which is very little I might add. Well, very little from me, more from Kara. I just love the stuff. And by the way, some of my most favorite pictures in the world of my me and my friends are from the MAC counter so bring that camera of yours!!!!!

Katie Smith said...

Oooh, I love the color! I couldn't quite see it in the family photo, but in the close up shots of you it's noticeable and so cute!

Becca said...

I think the bangs AND THE COLOR are spicy and fun! You needed those bangs. I am glad that you did it. It's beautiful

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!!!

Bridget said...

I've already said it but I'll say it again- LOVE 'EM!! Mitch has got to be a proud man!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Beautiful! Love the bangs!

Megan said...

It looks great Mahina and I love the color!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michal said...

i love the bangs and the highlights. and i love getting a new cut and color--it just feels so fresh to have something new. i probably do it too often! anyhow, you look gorgeous!

Rachael said...

Mahina, you are such a beautiful woman you would look great even with 1/2 in hair cut just like Halle Berry.