for the fourth of july we had our 3rd annual bbq with the dimit's down the street. after too much food was consumed we waddled out to the street for the fireworks display.
kawena had been outside watching some fireworks that were being set off by some neighbors down the street and seemed to be enjoying them. however, the enjoyment turned to terror when the first one of our fireworks was lit.
apparently, the close proximity was too much for her. it was all too loud and too bright and scary. here's a close-up of our poor baby as her lip begins to pout out just before the screaming started:
she was perfectly happy inside. every once in awhile i'd ask if she wanted to go outside and she would say "jes" (yes). i'd get up and walk to the door and she would start to whimper! needless to say we stayed inside until it was all over!
the sparklers were a favorite of the kids! they make the funniest pictures, too. i was bummed that i didn't have my tripod, we lost the attachment. these would have been much clearer had i not had to hand hold the camera with the shutter open for so long! they still turned out fun, though!
fireworks are something that our little ones have needed to get used to. i remember we had to watch fireworks from inside our house for the first 4 years of nani's life. now, it seems, kawena may need a little time to get used to them, as well. lala, on the other hand, never had a problem with them. we have called her, from time to time, our little firecracker, maybe that has something to do with it?!